Hours: Mon-Sat, 7:30am 3:30pm
(except closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day)
CRV Redemption now open at Ben Lomond Transfer, Mon-Sat, 10am-3pm, Click here for details.
There are bins for all of the following items we accept. All recyclables (cans/bottles etc.) should be clean.
NOTE: Books and Disks – Please take to Chanticleer: books, DVDs, working VHS movies, books on tape/CD, LPs/vinyl.
- #2 CRV Color Plastic containers, such as laundry detergent jugs (look for number in triangle).
- #2 CRV Natural Plastic containers, such as milk jugs (look for number in triangle).
- #1 plastic CRV bottles – clear bottles (46 oz. or less), look for number in triangle.
- Cans – Sorted aluminum and tin cans.
- Brown and red glass bottles.
- Green, amber, yellow and blue glass bottles.
- Clear glass bottles.
- Styrofoam (PS6) – Please take this material to our Chanticleer site; polystyrene #6 only (look for “PS6”), clean and dry, no food containers or contamination.
- Office Paper – White office paper, colored office paper, shredded paper only. No glossy brochures, mailers, magazines, wrapping paper, padded, plastic or Tyvek envelopes, binders, telephone books. Please ask staff for assistance.
- Cardboard – Cardboard only. NO waxed cardboard, cereal and six-pack boxes, aseptic containers (e.g. soy milk cartons), napkins and paper cups, plats or towels,.
- Please flatten cardboard boxes.
- Batteries – All household alkaline and auto and lithium ion batteries.
- Non-ferrous metals – scrap aluminum, brass, copper etc. Aluminum lawn chairs, screen doors, siding, aluminum foil and pie plates, electrical wire and microwaves.
- Electronic Waste – Scrap household electronic products, computers and peripherals, audio and video components, cell phones, telephone equipment.
- All metals – and motors/engines with oil removed.
- Aluminum foil and pie plates, electrical wire and microwaves.
- Household hazardous waste must be taken to HAZMAT at each site, located near the recycling areas at Buena Vista Landfill and Ben Lomond. Note: Ben Lomond Hazmat is open on Thursdays only.
- HAZMAT Items accepted: fluorescent light bulbs, ballasts, paints, stains, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, automotive products, cleaning products, aerosols and pool care chemicals. (Used motor oil, oil jugs and drained oil filters, transmission fluid and anti-freeze may be dropped at Auto Zone, O’Reilly’s or Kragen Auto Supply. Call stores for details.) Buena Vista HAZMAT is open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 7:30am – 3:30pm. Call 831.454-2606 for additional information.