PLEASE NOTE: Due to market conditions we are not accepting: hard plastics (e.g. toys, play structures, patio furniture, pvc pipes, clam shells and plastic bags), magazines, glossy brochures or newspaper.
Hours: Open six days a week, Monday – Saturday, 7:30am – 3:30pm
(except closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day)
There are bins for all of the following items we accept. All recyclables (cans/bottles etc.) should be clean.
- Books and Disks – Please take to Chanticleer, DVDs and CDs OK, no audio or VHS cassettes.
- #2 CRV Color Plastic containers, such as laundry detergent jugs (look for number in triangle).
- #2 CRV Natural Plastic containers, such as milk jugs (look for number in triangle).
- #1 plastic CRV bottles – clear bottles (46 oz. or less), look for number in triangle.
- Cans – Sorted aluminum and tin cans.
- Brown and red glass bottles.
- Green, amber, yellow and blue glass bottles.
- Clear glass bottles.
- Styrofoam (PS6) – Please take this material to our Chanticleer site; polystyrene #6 only (look for “PS6”), clean and dry, no food containers or contamination.
- Paper/Cardboard – Office paper, paperboard such as cereal boxes and six-pack boxes. Unacceptable: padded, plastic and Tyvek envelopes, binders, telephone books, magazines, aseptic containers (e.g. soy milk) glossy brochures, napkins and paper towels, dirty newspaper with paint, pet waste or food/grease and waxed cardboard.
- Please flatten all boxes and cartons.
- Tie shredded paper in plastic bag.
- Staples, tape and plastic window in envelopes can be recycled.
- Sort newspaper and cardboard separately.
- Cartons – Empty, rinse and flatten. Unacceptable: Foil wrapped beverage pouches, clam shells, plastic straws.
- Batteries – All household alkaline and auto and lithium ion batteries.
- Non-ferrous metals – scrap aluminum, brass, copper etc. Aluminum lawn chairs, screen doors, siding, aluminum foil and pie plates, electrical wire and microwaves.
- Electronic Waste – Scrap household electronic products, computers and peripherals, audio and video components, cell phones, telephone equipment.
- All metals – and motors/engines with oil removed.
- Aluminum foil and pie plates, electrical wire and microwaves.
- Household hazardous waste must be taken to HAZMAT at each site, located near the recycling areas at Buena Vista Landfill and Ben Lomond. Note: Ben Lomond Hazmat is open on Thursdays only.
- HAZMAT Items accepted: fluorescent light bulbs, ballasts, paints, stains, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, automotive products, cleaning products, aerosols and pool care chemicals. (Used motor oil, oil jugs and drained oil filters, transmission fluid and anti-freeze may be dropped at Auto Zone, O’Reilly’s or Kragen Auto Supply. Call stores for details.) Buena Vista HAZMAT is open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 7:30am – 3:30pm. Call 831.454-2606 for additional information.