PLEASE NOTE: Due to market conditions we are not accepting hard plastics – e.g. toys, play structures, patio furniture, pvc pipes, clam shells, plastic bags, magazines or newspaper.
Hours: Open six days a week, Monday – Saturday, 7:30am – 3:30pm
(except closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day)
Location: 1231 Buena Vista Drive (1 mile south of Highway 1), Watsonville, CA 95076. Click here for a map.
There are bins for all of the following items we accept. All recyclables (cans/bottles etc.) should be rinsed and clean.
- Books and Disks – DVDs and CDs OK, no audio or VHS cassettes.
- #2 CRV Color Plastic containers (look for number in triangle).
- #2 CRV Natural Plastic containers (look for number in triangle).
- #1 Plastic CRV bottles (clear plastic beverage bottles).
- Cans – Sorted aluminum and tin cans.
- Styrofoam – polystyrene #6 only (look for “PS6”), clean and dry, no food containers or contamination. Please take this material to our Chanticleer site.
- Paper/Cardboard – Office paper, paperboard such as cereal boxes and six-pack boxes. Unacceptable: padded, plastic and Tyvek envelopes, binders, telephone books, magazines, aseptic containers (e.g. soy milk) glossy brochures, napkins and paper towels, dirty newspaper with paint, pet waste or food/grease and waxed cardboard.
- Please flatten all boxes and cartons.
- Tie shredded paper in plastic bag.
- Staples, tape and plastic window in envelopes can be recycled.
- Sort newspaper and cardboard separately.
- Cartons – Empty, rinse and flatten. Unacceptable: Foil wrapped beverage pouches, clam shells, plastic straws.
- Batteries – All household alkaline and auto batteries.
- Non-ferrous metals – scrap aluminum, brass, copper etc. Aluminum lawn chairs, screen doors, siding, aluminum foil and pie plates, electrical wire and microwaves.
- Electronic Waste – Scrap household electronic products, computers and peripherals, audio and video components, cell phones, telephone equipment.
- All metals – and motors/engines with oil removed.
- Aluminum foil and pie plates, electrical wire and microwaves.
- Household hazardous waste needs to be taken to HAZMAT, located near the recycling area at Buena Vista Landfill. HAZMAT Items accepted: fluorescent light bulbs, ballasts, paints, stains, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, automotive products, cleaning products, aerosols and pool care chemicals. (Used motor oil, oil jugs and drained oil filters, transmission fluid and anti-freeze may be dropped at Auto Zone, O’Reilly’s or Kragen Auto Supply. Call stores for details.) Buena Vista HAZMAT is open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 7:30am – 3:30pm. Call 831.454-2606 for additional information.