We have many opportunities for your specialty and area of interest. Click here to complete our simple volunteer information form, call 831-479-1055 ext 241, or email Mary to learn more about how you can help us make a difference.
- Healthy Food Program – We always need volunteers to quality control, assemble and deliver brown bags of groceries. You can also join our Glean Team and help us pick fruit and other produce for the program, or turn the food composting tubs.
- Thrift Store – receive donations, evaluate and price items, get creative with in-store merchandising, or cashier!
- Bookstore & Online Sales – We’re looking for volunteers to help in our bookstore, and to evaluate, price and enter donated books and other items for sale on amazon.com and eBay.
- Computers & Electronics – We need your tech skills to test and repair donated electronics, audio-video gear, computer games and appliances for resale in our Computer Electronics Store. Run a register, assist shoppers, or disassemble computers in our e-waste center.
- Cooks – Help us prepare and serve healthy lunches for seniors and volunteers from our kitchen.
- Office/Administrative – Help us provide excellent customer service for Grey Bears program participants, volunteers and the general public, answer phones, enter data, and provide information about our programs.
- Facilities Maintenance – Projects abound at our 3-acre Chanticleer campus. Your carpentry, electrical and handyman experience would be most appreciated.
You’ll receive a hot lunch and a bag of groceries each day you volunteer (Mon-Fri), and the satisfaction of helping Grey Bears.
“Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in.” -Marjorie Moore