We have many opportunities for your specialty and area of interest. Click here to complete our simple volunteer information form, call 831-479-1055 ext 226, or email Michelle to learn more about how you can help us make a difference.
- Brown Bag Line & Delivery Drivers – We always need volunteers to help fill brown bags with produce every Thursday and Friday morning, and drivers to deliver them to sites and homebound seniors (and we’ll reimburse your mileage).
- Thrift Store – Come and join the Grey Bears Thrift Store team! We’re looking for volunteers everyday and especially on weekends to cashier, price items, help with books, crafts and linens, or help in receiving.
- Bookstore & Online Sales – We’re looking for volunteers to help in our bookstore, and to evaluate, price and enter donated books and other items for sale on amazon.com and eBay.
- E-Waste and Computer Electronics Store – We need your tech skills to test and repair donated electronics, audio-video gear, appliances, etc. for resale in our Computer Electronics Store. You can also run a register, assist shoppers to find the right component, or disassemble computers in our e-waste center.
- Office/Administrative – Help us provide excellent customer service for Grey Bears members and the general public. As the first point of contact, we’re looking for office volunteers to help answer phones, provide information about our programs and respond to member needs.
- Facilities Maintenance – Projects abound at our 3-acre Chanticleer campus. Your carpentry, electrical and handyman experience would be most appreciated.
You’ll receive a hot lunch and a bag of groceries each day you volunteer for at least three hours (Mon-Fri), and the satisfaction of helping Grey Bears.