current as of 8/6/20
Try Chair Yoga! Suzi teaches Chair Yoga Zoom classes which you can take from your own home – on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30am, and Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:30am. It’s easy on your computer, tablet or phone, and you can visit with others before and after class. Contact Suzi to receive updates or call 831-234-6791.
Senior Computer Connect
Grey Bears offers a free desktop computer for low-income/disabled seniors to help them connect with their doctors, access online resources for medical needs, or any other use. (Notes: limit up to three recipients per month; some internet service providers offer discounts to low-income seniors). Computers come with monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers (while supplies are available). For more information and to apply, contact Grey Bears office, 831-479-1055 or email email@example.com.
We also offer one-on-one tech help with Suresh and Lalitha. Email Sharon to register for a 30-minute phone consultation for help with your electronic device (computer, tablet, phone, etc.) or call 831-479-1055 ext 223.
Be prepared (listos) – Grey Bears is providing disaster preparedness trainings by phone or outside in person at your home or brown bag pick-up site. Contact Rosie to sign up and receive your File of Life and other materials to help you prepare for this current pandemic and for future disasters. Call 831-479-1055 ext 226 for info.
We need you! Please volunteer by clicking here, or call 831-479-1055 ext 241.
- Food quality control, brown bag assembly and deliveries, kitchen help and composting
- Someone to drive our box van to pick up groceries from local markets
- Thrift store donations, pricing and cashiering (especially on weekends)
- Electronics/audio-video testing and eBay
- Bookstore shelving and cashiering, and listing books for sale on Amazon.com
- Admin help in the office
Healthy Food bag deliveries continue every Thursday and Friday morning that include organic fresh produce – Sign up here. For questions or changes to your existing delivery, email Sharon, or all 831-479-1055 ext 223.
The Thrift Store, computer electronics, bookstore, hardware/medical and all three recycling centers are open every day during normal hours – 10am-3pm. Note new thrift donation hours: 7:30am- 2pm (enter at the recycling center). Shoppers must wear masks and practice safe distancing (6 feet from other shoppers). Check out many items in our online storefronts on eBay and books at Amazon.com. Email Diane or Angie, 831-479-1055 ext 232 with questions on specific item donations.
All three of our recycling centers are open during normal hours: Chanticleer (including e-waste/e-cycling, open Mon-Sun, 7:30am-3:30pm), Buena Vista and Ben Lomond Transfer (open Mon-Sat, 7:30am-3pm), and CRV redemption at Ben Lomond Transfer is open (Mon-Sat, 10am-3pm).
We continue to need:
- Financial donations to support increased program food purchases, please click here to donate. Thank you to everyone who has given during this crisis. You are a lifeline that keeps us going.
- Gleaned fruits and veggies from your garden and shelf stable food. Please email Danielle to coordinate drop off.
- PPE including face masks, cleaning supplies, sanitizers, latex or vinyl gloves and other protective items. Email Mary for more info.
CalFresh Benefits – to receive your EBT card for grocery purchases just access the simple application form at mycalfresh.org. or call the community hotline, 831.622.0991.
Census – Please make sure you complete the census. Use the code included in the mailing you received to complete the census online or click here.
Safety – All volunteers and staff handling items in your weekly grocery bag are wearing prescribed PPE (masks and gloves) and adhering to strict safety protocols. The county encourages the public to visit santacruzhealth.org/coronavirus for local updates and links to important CDC updates.