current as of 10/29/20
The Chanticleer cardboard baler is operational and we are accepting cardboard.
Extra grocery bags are available at our main Chanticleer warehouse for anyone who needs one on Thursday and Friday mornings. Seniors are invited to grocery shop daily Monday – Friday at 11am and enjoy lunch served from 11:30am – 12pm. Please wear a mask and bring your own bag for shopping.
The Thrift Store, computer electronics, bookstore, hardware/medical at our main Chanticleer location are all open during normal hours – 10am-3pm. Thrift Donations are gratefully accepted every day, 7:30am-2pm. Shoppers must wear masks and practice safe distancing (6 feet from other shoppers). Check out more than 8,000 books at our Amazon.com storefront, and in our Chanticleer bookstore. Email Angie, 831-479-1055 ext 233 with questions on specific item donations or store items.
Pick up a wonderfully therapeutic formula for immune response and restful sleep during our challenging times: NightWell formula from Source Naturals, just $3/bottle (reg. $10 wholesale) at every register in the Thrift Store, open 10-3 daily.
Suzi Mahler teaches Chair Yoga Zoom classes which you can take from your own home on your computer, tablet or phone on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30am, and Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:30am. Contact Suzi to receive updates or call 831-234-6791. Just click this link at the above times to join any of her classes: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5280351389, Meeting ID: 528 035 1389.
We need you! Please volunteer by clicking here, or call 831-479-1055 ext 241.
- Food quality control, brown bag assembly and deliveries, kitchen help and composting
- Someone to drive our box van to pick up groceries from local markets
- Thrift store donations, pricing and cashiering (especially on weekends)
- Electronics/audio-video testing and eBay
- Bookstore shelving and cashiering, and listing books for sale on Amazon.com
- Admin help in the office
We also offer one-on-one tech help with Suresh and Lalitha. Email Sharon to register for a 30-minute phone consultation for help with your electronic device (computer, tablet, phone, etc.) or call 831-479-1055 ext 223.
We continue to need:
- Financial donations to support increased program food purchases, please click here to donate. Thank you to everyone who has given during this crisis. You are a lifeline that keeps us going.
- Gleaned fruits and veggies from your garden and shelf stable foods. Please email Danielle to coordinate drop off.
- PPE including face masks, cleaning supplies, sanitizers, latex or vinyl gloves and other protective items. Email Mary for more info.
CalFresh Benefits – to receive your EBT card for grocery purchases just access the simple application form at mycalfresh.org. or call the community hotline, 831-622-0991.