Grey Bears is always on the lookout for thoughtful, skilled community members to serve on the Board of Directors. The Board provides governance, sets policy and develops the strategic direction for the organization. The Board brings clout and raises money for the organization, and acts as ambassadors to the community by promoting Grey Bears mission. The Board also provides oversight and direction to the Executive Director, and evaluates its own effectiveness as a governing body, as a group of volunteers, and as representatives of the community in upholding the public interest served by Grey Bears.
Board Member General Responsibilities
- Attend monthly Board meetings on the 4th Wednesdays at 10am (except the 3rd Wednesday in Nov/Dec with holidays or as determined by the board).
- Shall make an annual financial contribution to the organization (to meet grant requirements).
- Attend committee meetings and functions, including volunteering for at least one annual special event.
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies and programs, including volunteering at least eight hours per year in any Grey Bears program.
- Serve on committee(s) as needed and participate in board development activities.
- Take on special assignments as needed.
- All candidates elected to the board will be asked to agree to a list of responsibilities and expectations for board service.
Board terms are two years and each director may serve up to three consecutive terms.
Interested candidates are invited to complete the application below by June 10, 2017, or you may download the form by clicking here and return to: Board Election Committee, Grey Bears, 2710 Chanticleer Ave, Santa Cruz CA 95065.