Your financial gift and thrift store donations keep Grey Bears strong, and ensure we can continue to distribute weekly shopping bags of fresh produce and healthy groceries to 3,800 seniors all year long – especially in the winter months.
Please donate now by clicking here to make a one-time or recurring gift with a credit card, or by mailing a check to Grey Bears, 2710 Chanticleer Ave, Santa Cruz CA 95065. You can also donate in person by visiting our office any weekday between 8am – 3:30pm, or call 831-479-1055 ext. 0.
In the coming year – with your help – Grey Bears will:
- Distribute 1.7 million pounds of fresh produce and healthy staples to 3,800 seniors.
- Rescue 600,000 pounds of unsold groceries from local markets and provide it to seniors and other agencies serving those in need – and use it in 35,000 healthy hot meals served from our kitchen.
- Refurbish and reuse your donated TVs, electronics, clothing, books and other household items.
- Expand recycling operations at the Ben Lomond Transfer Station, and together with our Buena Vista and Chanticleer centers, divert 7,500 tons of recycling materials from the landfill.
- Improve composting operations to transform 80 tons of food scraps into compost for local gardens.
- Host classes, support groups, repair cafés and luncheon events that connect thousands of seniors.
- And all with the help of 800 amazing volunteers who will donate 80,000 hours of service.
Your generosity makes all of our programs possible. Thank you for supporting Grey Bears, for sharing our values, and believing in our vision that all seniors live healthy, meaningful lives!
From all of us, wishing you a warm and joyful New Year!