Chef Poppy began last month’s cooking class feast by modifying a New York Times recipe for Mixed Pepper Ricotta Toast. This is a wonderful starter or addition to a light summer meal.
1. Slice the onions thinly, into 1/8″ half moons.
2. Stem, seed, and slice the peppers into thin strips.
3. Heat the oil in a tall sided skillet and stir in the onions. Add salt and continue to stir until onions get soft, about 10-15 minutes.
4. Add peppers and garlic and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or when the peppers are spreadable and everything smells delicious.
5. Toast bread and spread mixture. (The recipe called for fresh thyme but I used basil. Use what you have! It’s always important to be creative and to use your imagination when cooking.)
6. Crumble feta on top.