Have a passion for Grey Bears mission and community service? Then we’re looking for you! The next two-year term of the Board of Directors begins in July, 2019.
Role of the Grey Bears Board of Directors
The Board provides governance for Grey Bears, sets policy and develops the strategic direction for the organization. The Board brings clout to the organization, raises money for the organization, and acts as ambassadors to the community by promoting the organization’s mission. The Board also provides oversight and direction to the Executive Director, and evaluates its own effectiveness as a governing body, as a group of volunteers, and as representatives of the community in upholding the public interest served by the organization.
Board Member General Responsibilities
Attend monthly Board meetings, currently the 4th Wednesdays at 10am (except in Nov/Dec with holidays or as determined by the board).
- Shall make an annual financial contribution to the organization (to meet grant requirements – no minimum/maximum contribution).
- Attend committee meetings and functions, including volunteering for at least one annual special event.
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies and programs, including volunteering at least eight hours per year in any Grey Bears program.
- Serve on committee(s) as needed and participate in board development activities.
- Take on special assignments as needed.
Board terms are two years (staggered), and each director may serve up to three consecutive terms.
We invite you to complete the application below by March 31, 2019. Thank you for your interest!