Volunteers are the heart and soul of Grey Bears. We have many opportunities for your particular specialty and area of interest. Our volunteer program is flexible to allow for varied schedules. Click here for our easy-to-fill-out volunteer form, or call 831-479-1055 and we’ll contact you with some fun projects just right for you.
Ongoing Opportunities . . .
- Brown Bag Delivery Drivers - We always need drivers to deliver bags of groceries to sites and homebound seniors, and we’ll reimburse your mileage!
- Online Book Sales Data Entry - We’re looking for volunteers to help evaluate, price and enter donated books for sale on amazon.com. Enjoy a hot lunch and a bag of food on the days you work, and the satisfaction of helping Grey Bears deliver bags of food to 4,000 County seniors every week.
- E-Waste Recycling / Computer Electronics Store - We’re looking for volunteers to disassemble computers in our e-waste recycling center. If you have technical or retail talent with TVs, stereo amplifiers, speakers, DVD/CD players and household appliances, and enjoy working with the public, we’d be grateful for your help in our electronics/appliance store.
- Thrift Store - Come and join the fun team at the Grey Bears Thrift Store. We’re looking for volunteers everyday and especially on Thur-Fri-Sat to cashier, price items, help with books, crafts and linens, and someone savvy with eBay sales.
- Office/Administrative – Help us provide excellent customer service for Grey Bears members and the general public. As the first point of contact, we’re looking for office volunteers to help answer phones, provide information about our programs and respond to member needs.
- Facilities Maintenance – Projects abound at our 4-acre Chanticleer campus, and your carpentry, electrical and general handyman experience would be most appreciated.
. . . and other Talents
- Admin support, office skills and reception
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Development/grant writing
- Marketing and outreach coordinator
- Graphic artist
You’ll receive a hot lunch and a bag of groceries each day you volunteer for at least three hours (Mon-Fri), and the satisfaction of helping Grey Bears!