Employment and volunteer opportunities
Join the Grey Bears team! We are fully staffed at present, but we always need your volunteer skills in the following departments now.
- Online Books and Electronics Sales Data Entry – We’re looking for your help to evaluate, price and enter donated books and other items for sale on amazon.com. Enjoy a hot lunch and a bag of food on the days you work, and the satisfaction of supporting Grey Bears mission.
- Electronics Refurbishing, Repair and Computer Electronics Store – If you have a technical skill to test and/or repair donated electronics, TVs, audio/video and appliances, we need you! And if you enjoy working with the public we need you in the computer electronics store to help customers or run the register.
- Brown Bag assemblers and delivery drivers – Volunteers are needed to help on the brown bag assembly line, Thursday & Friday mornings between 7:15-9am. We also always need drivers to deliver bags of groceries to distribution sites and to homebound seniors (and we’ll reimburse your mileage!).
- Thrift Store – Come and join the fun team at the Grey Bears Thrift Store. We’re looking for volunteers everyday and especially on Thur-Fri-Sat to cashier, help with customer service, pricing, managing books, crafts and linens, and someone savvy with eBay sales.
- Office/Administrative – Help us provide excellent customer service for Grey Bears members and the general public. As the first point of contact, we’re looking for office volunteers to help answer phones, provide information about our programs and respond to member needs.