Employment and Volunteer opportunities at Grey Bears
Join the Grey Bears team! We’re blessed to have all paid positions filled currently, but we always need volunteers, especially in the following areas:
- Online Book Sales Data Entry - We’re looking for volunteers to help evaluate, price and enter donated books for sale on amazon.com. Enjoy a hot lunch and a bag of food on the days you work, and the satisfaction of helping Grey Bears deliver bags of food to 4,000 County seniors every week.
- E-Waste Recycling / Computer Electronics Store - We’re looking for volunteers to disassemble computers in our e-waste recycling center. And if you have technical talent with TVs, stereo amplifiers, speakers, DVD/CD players and household appliances, and enjoy working with the public, we’d be grateful for your help in our electronics/appliance store.
- Brown Bag assemblers and delivery drivers - Volunteers are needed to help on the brown bag assembly line, especially Thursday mornings between 7:15-9am. We also always need drivers to deliver bags of groceries to distribution sites and to homebound seniors (and we’ll reimburse your mileage!).
- Thrift Store - Come and join the fun team at the Grey Bears Thrift Store. We’re looking for volunteers everyday and especially on Thur-Fri-Sat to cashier, help with customer service, pricing, managing books, crafts and linens, and someone savvy with eBay sales.
- Office/Administrative – Help us provide excellent customer service for Grey Bears members and the general public. As the first point of contact, we’re looking for office volunteers to help answer phones, provide information about our programs and respond to member needs.